low clock frequency (1...200Hz), PSoC4000S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, with divider 65536 the minimum clock I can get is 366hz. (at 24MHz), see attachment:

pastedImage_2.png

I cannot find a Frequency-Divider Component in my Library... so are there other solutions?

thank you very much

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Hello Pierre,

• PSoC 4000S has 16-bit TCPWM component. Instead of cascading two PWM components of period 255 each, you can use single PWM to achieve a period till 65535.
  • TCPWM is a fixed function component and expects clock from clock domain. Hence, invalid connection error has been generated in your project. If you want to cascade two PWM (say for a period more than 65535), please connect ov output of first TCPWM to count input of second TCPWM with mode set as Rising Edge.

Please make use of attached project to understand both approaches.

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
GeonaP_26

Hello Pierre,

You can make use of PWM component as a frequency divider. If it does not help, please share us your frequency requirement and application.

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can make use of PWM component as a frequency divider. If it does not help, please share us your frequency requirement and application.

that does not work, because the PWM Input can only accept a clock source - according see errors:

pastedImage_2.png

I have also tried to increase the Prescaler to the maximum (128x), but it looks not that it changes the frequency, respectively I cannot see the LED blinking.

Thank you.

0 Likes
GeonaP_26

Hello Pierre,

Please share us the project to recreate the issue.

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please share us the project to recreate the issue.

please find attachment. thanks

0 Likes
lock attach
GeonaP_26

Hello Pierre,

• PSoC 4000S has 16-bit TCPWM component. Instead of cascading two PWM components of period 255 each, you can use single PWM to achieve a period till 65535.
  • TCPWM is a fixed function component and expects clock from clock domain. Hence, invalid connection error has been generated in your project. If you want to cascade two PWM (say for a period more than 65535), please connect ov output of first TCPWM to count input of second TCPWM with mode set as Rising Edge.

Please make use of attached project to understand both approaches.

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

0 Likes