cy8ckit-148 re-flashing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
massimo-manca
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked

Hello, I am testing a new design based on MagSense using a CY8CKIT-148 evaluation board. At the beginning everything was working but to use the tuner sw I had to update the firmware of the debug interface MCU on board. I updated it following the kit instructions apparently with success. After that I was not able anymore to program and debug the on board PSoC 4 MCU.

And I am not also able to update/program the on board firmware (I mean that of the hw debug interface MCU).

How can I re-flash that MCU?

Thanks,
Massimo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello.

I just discovered KIT-148 Kitprog2 can be upgraded to Kitprog3 (detailed in Kitprog3 user guide).

I suggest you take a look at Kitprog3 Guide.  There's a section describing how to revert back to Kitprog2 if you want to.
https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/kitprog-user-guide

So maybe Kitprog3 will be okay to use, if you can get control of PSoC FLASH programming.

BTW, the Kitprog2.hex and Kitprog2_1.cyacd files are in the Cypress/Programmer...  Cypress keeps changing the path.  These files are also in the KIT-148 installation folder.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies