Why the CYBLE_EVT_GAP_AUTH_FAILED does not generate when the peripheral lost bonding data?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this event should pass to application level when the device lost bonding data. Now the stack just reject the security connection, but pass no event to stack, so user can not initiate a new pairing request using CyBle_GapAuthReq?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I will check this internally and update you tomorrow.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
RaMe_1910901
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same question. Here's the senerio I want to handle:

1. I use my iPhone to pair with a Cypress device (BLE v3.10/PSoC 3.3) device is set to unauthenticated pairing with encription + bonding).
  3. As the bonding data is successfully stored somewhere in the device flash, I can reconnect without pairing, even after power cycling the device.
  5. However, if I re-flash the device, I’ll wipe out the stored bonding data. If I try to reconnect with my iPhone I’ll get a connection timeout.

The only workaround is to “Forget” the device on my iPhone which will trigger a new pairing on the next connection attempt. 

I'm looking for a way for the device in #2 to detect that the stored pairing/bonding information is gone, and force a repairing.

Thanks,

Randy

0 Likes