Why I am getting Errors "Macrocells", "Unique P-terms", "Datapath Cells" exceeds?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I want to do the following,

I want to read temperature using TMP05 and communication using UART full duplex.

But when i compiled my program it says that, i am exceeding the above mentioned UDB resources.

I wanted to know how i can over come this?

And on which factors these resources depends.

Looking forwards to your suggestions.

Regards

Awais

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The UART uses 3 UDBs, the TMP02 needs 2. That is one more than the PSoC has got (4). Though restricted with the IO pins, I would suggest to use an SCB based UART that does not use any UDBs.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        Please post your code.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Can you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Maknight,

Just go to the View option -->Resource Meter --> Digital --> UDB

There you can see error showed in Red colour(which means you are using excess component).

Regards,

Jatin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jatin,

Thank you for your reply.

I wanted to know how these resources are being affected with my design. Even when I just place one UART and TMP05. It is still showing the errors.

Regards

Awais

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The UART uses 3 UDBs, the TMP02 needs 2. That is one more than the PSoC has got (4). Though restricted with the IO pins, I would suggest to use an SCB based UART that does not use any UDBs.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you again for your reply Bob 🙂

Can you please tell me the difference between SCB based and UDB based UARTS?

One more thing, How I can find out that, which component will use how much UDBs?

Awais

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The "U" in UDB stands for "Universal". Most of the PSoC5 components have been built out of these digital blocks using HDL (Hardware Definition Language). This language (Warp Verilog) is already installed on your system to give you the opportunity writing your own components. Tough stuff, I can promise!

In the component's datasheet you always find (just before the AC specs) which and how many resources the implementation does cost.

Bob

rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Here is your program and it is working now. All I did was change the UART component.