What is the maximum SPI clock frequency that can driven either through SCB or UDB?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TaH_4345166
Level 2
Level 2
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hello,

I have an CY8CKIT-042 PSoC® 4 Pioneer Kit.

I need to interface this kit with Adafruit display(which is driven from SPI). In this case, PSOC4 kit will be master and Display will be slave.

But this Display can driven only through SPI and that too with 24MHz as input clock from Master(in this case PSOC-042).

But after researching  through some examples and documents, came to know that maximum clock that can be driven from SCB SPI is 8MHz and from UDB SPI is 12MHz.

Is this TRUE? Can't the SPI from CY8CKIT-042 PSoC® 4 Pioneer Kit can be driven to 24MHz? If we can drive it, can you share few examples of the configuration?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Tajpeer,

PSoC 4200 support up to 48 MHz main clock. minimum oversampling of SPI is 6. In this case, it seems 8M Hz is the maximum data rate..

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RyanZhao

Do you mean 24MHz data rate? Or you can try oversampling as 1. But I don't think it is good for stability of SPI..

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

Hi Ryan,

Yes. Data rate of 24MHz from SPI. But I can see that oversampling cannot be less than 6 for SPI master.

Is it possible to drive it with 24MHz? Any other ways to handle it?

Best regards,

Tajpeer

0 Likes
RyanZhao

Hi Tajpeer,

PSoC 4200 support up to 48 MHz main clock. minimum oversampling of SPI is 6. In this case, it seems 8M Hz is the maximum data rate..