Way to make break off small board 3.3V for USB to i2c communication

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mool_4260446
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just ordered a Psoc4 049-42xx board and I want to make a USB to i2c connection without having to do any programming. I only want to use the part of the board that has the USB connection. What hardware modifications can I do to the board to get 3.3V out of VDD instead of the 5V? It looks like it doesn't have a voltage regulator. Can it be as easy as inserting some resistors?

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi maolvera93_4260446​,

You can use a simple voltage divider to get the 3.3 V.  But it is always recommended to use a voltage regulator to obtain a 3.3 V output.

Is it not possible for you to choose the target voltage in your emulator tool to 3.3 V? Can you please let us know the I2C emulator tool you are intending to use?

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi maolvera93_4260446​,

You can use a simple voltage divider to get the 3.3 V.  But it is always recommended to use a voltage regulator to obtain a 3.3 V output.

Is it not possible for you to choose the target voltage in your emulator tool to 3.3 V? Can you please let us know the I2C emulator tool you are intending to use?

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes