Wake up from Deep Sleep

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have been having concerns about the sleep modes on PSoC. How do I know if a device is ready to be put to sleep? I tried calling CySysPmSleep() but the current still reads about 18mA.

The current reading if I call CySysPmDeepSleep() reads 0mA (have not gotten an accurate reading but at least this seems in the ballpark of what is written in the documentation) but I am unable to wake up the device from deep sleep. If I use debugging, then the device does not seem to go into deep sleep and is back at 18mA.

I am trying to trigger the interrupt through an I2C slave device which sends a pulse when certain conditions are met. I can confirm that the pulse is being sent because I have read the pulse using an oscilloscope. I tried to read the pin that it goes into the PSoC but am consistently getting a value of 0V and no sign of a pulse.

I have also tried using a switch instead of the I2C but am still getting a problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Use the Global Signal Reference component configured for port interrupts to wake from deep sleep.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic! Thank you! Just out of curiosity, where is this stated in the documentation? I don't believe I read it anywhere I have looked.. I looked in the power mode documentation.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the schematic how should it look if you want to wake from deep-sleep using a pin?  (see attached)

If that is not the problem how do you clear a global signal interrupt.  

-Thanks

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I cannot recall how I came to this solution... long time ago and memory is fading....

A small hint is the term "PICU" which is the Port Interrupt Controller Unit that runs in deep sleep. The NVIC (Nested Vectored Interrupt Controller) does not work in deep sleep afaik.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will keep that in mind. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes