cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 4 MCU

user_2457466
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am currently in the process of implementing a communication component in verilog. The component has 3 digital inout terminals. To this i want to attach 3 different bidirectional pins.

Throughout the communication process, i will need to change the drive mode of the pins connected to the terminals. How can this be achieved in verilog. Any hints are greatly appreciated.

regards,

Martin

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Honored Contributor II

Martin,

The bidirectional pins should be connected to bufoe, which has direction control terminal. The easy way would be to use a schematic approach, for example see this component implementation using bufoe

Component to read DS18B20 digital temperature sensors

You would have to make a "core" component in Verilog and some schematic around it. You may find an example of such encapsulation here:

DDS24: 24-bit DDS arbitrary frequency generator component

On the other side, you can find example of the bufoe instancing in the document attached

/odissey1

View solution in original post

1 Reply
odissey1
Honored Contributor II

Martin,

The bidirectional pins should be connected to bufoe, which has direction control terminal. The easy way would be to use a schematic approach, for example see this component implementation using bufoe

Component to read DS18B20 digital temperature sensors

You would have to make a "core" component in Verilog and some schematic around it. You may find an example of such encapsulation here:

DDS24: 24-bit DDS arbitrary frequency generator component

On the other side, you can find example of the bufoe instancing in the document attached

/odissey1

View solution in original post