Using HSSP alongside I2C. Is this doable?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently trying to implement a system that allows me to update the firmware on several PSOC 049's over I2C with a single arduino.
Unfortunately I am really struggling to port the bootloader host code to arduino.

Is it possible to use my existing I2C Bus to handle HSSP if I set the pins to SWD, and then in the bootloadable project switch them back to being for I2C?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Jamie,

It sound possible.

Which PSoC device are you using? I remember SWD port of PSoC4000/4100/4200 could be duplicated with EzI2C port.

For PSoC4000S/PSoC4100S, you can connect I2C pins to SWD interface externally, so that you don't need to switch hardware connections of I2C and SWD after programming, if you are using MiniProg-3 as debugger.

Regarding the host.... it requires the host to support software SWD(when programming) and I2C(before and after programming) switching. I think you can contact Arduino for how to make this kind of switch.

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Jamie,

It sound possible.

Which PSoC device are you using? I remember SWD port of PSoC4000/4100/4200 could be duplicated with EzI2C port.

For PSoC4000S/PSoC4100S, you can connect I2C pins to SWD interface externally, so that you don't need to switch hardware connections of I2C and SWD after programming, if you are using MiniProg-3 as debugger.

Regarding the host.... it requires the host to support software SWD(when programming) and I2C(before and after programming) switching. I think you can contact Arduino for how to make this kind of switch.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes