Upgrade of CY5670 - CySmart USB Dongle to Bluetooth 4.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings,

In the past I ordered the CY8CKIT-042-BLE Kit and I used the CY5670 CySmart USB Dongle for testing some BLE applications. Only very recently I ordered also the Cypress CYBLE-222014-01 supporting BLE 4.2.

In order to receive the measured data on the PC with the aid of the CySmart Central Emulation Tool is still possible to use CY5670 Dongle, although it only supports BLE 4.1?

If not, is there any upgrade available, so that the CY5670 Dongle can also support 4.2 BLE? At your website http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-042-ble-bluetooth-low-energy-ble... I turned my attention to the  "BLE 4.2 Dongle CySmart 1.2.2.20.hex" file. Does it concern occasionally to the upgrade I need?

Or do I need absolutely to order the CY5677 CySmart BLE 4.2 USB Dongle to test my application developed on CYBLE-222014-01?

Very appreciated in advance for your kind help!

Nuno Alves

0 Likes
4 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Just upgrade the dongle to 4.2 using the hex file.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nuno,

Did It worked for you?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sagard,

Well... to be honest I just used the CY5670 Dongle to program the Cypress CYBLE-222014-01 and afterwards receive the data from it and everything worked just fine!

0 Likes