Understanding Build Error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
niprc_3742601
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hello,

I am using PSoC4 L-Series-Pioneer Kit (CY8KIT-046).  After I added the UART (non SCB) component to my current project I start getting this build error:

cydsfit.exe -.appdatapath "C:\Users\NikolayPruss\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor\PSoC Creator\4.2" -.fdsnotice -.fdswarpdepfile=warp_dependencies.txt -.fdselabdepfile=elab_dependencies.txt -.fdsbldfile=generated_files.txt -.fdsreffile=referenced_files.txt -p C:\Users\NikolayPruss\WORK\stellar-beam\psoc4\TxSlat\MasterPSoC.cydsn\MasterPSoC.cyprj -d CY8C4248BZI-L489 -s C:\Users\NikolayPruss\WORK\stellar-beam\psoc4\TxSlat\MasterPSoC.cydsn\Generated_Source\PSoC4 -- -yv2 -q10 -ygs -o2 -v3 -.fftcfgtype=LE

Elaborating Design...

HDL Generation...

Synthesis...

Tech Mapping...

ADD: pft.M0040: information: The following 2 pin(s) will be assigned a location by the fitter: \I2CM:scl(0)\, \I2CM:sda(0)\

Error: mpr.M0014: Resource limit: Maximum number of Status Cells exceeded (max=8, needed=9). (App=cydsfit)

Dependency Generation...

Cleanup...

Error: fit.M0050: The fitter aborted due to errors, please address all errors and rebuild. (App=cydsfit)

So my project contains USB component, two SPI master componets (non SCB), one I2C component (SCB), 5 individual pins (three of them are LEDs) and now UART (non SCB).  I noticed that if I make the UART component as SCB, then the project builds fine.  This fact is confusing because I thought that the SCB resources are much more limitted than non SCB.  Could anybody explain the problem that I have here?

Thank you!

Nikolay

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The cause of the error is already explained: "Maximum number of Status Cells exceeded (max=8, needed=9)" . The component you added needed a status cell which is quite usual for the non-SCB components. The UDBs are very useful, so it is better to save them and use the fixed function or SCB components first. The 42xx PSoC contains only 4 UDBs.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The cause of the error is already explained: "Maximum number of Status Cells exceeded (max=8, needed=9)" . The component you added needed a status cell which is quite usual for the non-SCB components. The UDBs are very useful, so it is better to save them and use the fixed function or SCB components first. The 42xx PSoC contains only 4 UDBs.

Bob

0 Likes

Bob, thank you for your answer!

0 Likes