USBFS - component not found -

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was working my way through AN-73503, USB HID Bootloader earlier today.  I followed their instructions to delete the default Device Descriptor root.  I then imported the Descriptor Root Bootloader.root.xml.  I continued on in the tutorial, but when I went to compile I had some errors.  I had been messing around with other stuff so I decided to delete the USBFS from the schematic and start again in a new project.  

Now I am all of a sudden unable to call up a USBFS component.  I look in the CyComponentLibrary and it appears to all be there.  I have run an update, a repair and have even uninstalled PSoC Creator and reinstalled it.  But, the same thing: no USBFS.  I have renamed my Cypress folder, installed PSoC creator again and tried to load a USBFS component, but no dice.  

I have noticed that the application seems to know which projects I have worked on recently when I load the newly installed software.  Maybe this is a hint?  I don't know.  

I am unsure where to go from here.  Any help would be much appreciated.  

Thanks! 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I am an idiot.  The boards we use at work are 4200L, but I was using the Pioneer Kit which is a 4200M.  This chip doesn't have USB capability.  I hope this helps the next idiot engineer.  

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Muphy's law is a self -fulfilling prophecy.  😉

Bob

0 Likes