USB to I2S jitter and latency

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrahamS_21
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 likes received 10 replies posted

I'm looking at the USB audio example for the CY8CKIT-046 for the PSoC 4200L device.

I need to use the USB to I2S, but have some questions over the jitter and latency values for the default example/configuration.

do we have any measurement data that we can share on these attributes?

thanks

Graham (CSS-ICW-FAE)

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello Graham,

USB in PSoC 4200L is clocked using IMO as the clock source. The IMO jitter is less than what is required by the customer .

PSoC 4200L datasheet provides information regarding the IMO jitter:

Ekta_0-1613627270641.png

Link to the datasheet: PSoC 4200L Datasheet

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ekta_N

Hello Graham,

I searched internally but could not find any measurement data regarding the Jitter and the values for the default configuration.

I found data regarding the power measurement when using USB Audio in the CY8CKIT-046 and could provide you the same if required.

Could you please let me know, why are you looking for this data, is there any issue that I can help you with?

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes
GrahamS_21
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 likes received 10 replies posted

Hi Ekta

the design requires a latency of <10mS, and a jitter value of <125uS to be viable for the voice capture and streaming of the application. power measurement whilst useful data, is not a concern at this point in time.

what i really need to understand is if the clocking structure of the PSoC4 L can support this type of accuracy and performance.

thanks

Graham

0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hello Graham,

USB in PSoC 4200L is clocked using IMO as the clock source. The IMO jitter is less than what is required by the customer .

PSoC 4200L datasheet provides information regarding the IMO jitter:

Ekta_0-1613627270641.png

Link to the datasheet: PSoC 4200L Datasheet

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes