USB HID Descriptor settings for the trackpad

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaMa_1051561
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello All,

I am developing software for the Trackpad.

For this i have referred following two examples.

CE195394_HID_Mouse  - In this example 3 Bytes mouse data is sent over USB.  Byte1-Button, Byte2- X data, Byte3- Y data

CE216892 USB-HID Trackpad - In this example algorithm is developed to use trackpad and five bytes data is sent over USB. 

Byte1- Button Data, Byte2- X data, Byte3 - Y data, Byte4- 0 (Scroll), Byte5 - XY negative sign data.

In this example CE195394_HID_Mouse USB HID Descriptor is available for 3bytes. 

I am using algorithm from this example CE216892 USB-HID Trackpad and descriptor from CE195394_HID_Mouse this example. 

I have to modify the descriptor for five Bytes. Here What item value should I select for XYdirection data.

XYdirection is uint8 variable and values are either 1, 2 & 3.

if someone has worked on this USB HID Touchpad/Trackpad example please help.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @JaMa_1051561 ,

I see you have already explained the same issue in another community thread of yours -  USB HID Descriptor for Trackpad - Cypress Developer Community  . I suggest you to follow up the already going on discussion in that thread itself. Also, please let us know your related queries there. I will go ahead and close this discussion here then.

Thanks and Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @JaMa_1051561 ,

I see you have already explained the same issue in another community thread of yours -  USB HID Descriptor for Trackpad - Cypress Developer Community  . I suggest you to follow up the already going on discussion in that thread itself. Also, please let us know your related queries there. I will go ahead and close this discussion here then.

Thanks and Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes