Turning on a PSoC4 BLE microcontroller from deep sleep

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnCo_2736831
Level 4
Level 4
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi,

I have written a PSOC4 BLE program to turn on a LED for 5sec and turn off and go to deep sleep. I know during deep sleep the PSOC4 BLE will not send any signal. How do I access the PSoC4 BLE microcontroller using an Android Device using BLE for further control?

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

A BLESS interrupt generates at every advertising and Connection interval which wakes up the system from DeepSleep as well. For 5 Second ,you may use a timer.

Please refer the below Application Note on Low Power Design ...http://www.cypress.com/file/140991/download

Sample Project from here PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day027_BLE_Power_Measurement at master · cypresssemiconductorco/...

Regards,

Gyan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Deep sleep state is left when an interrupt is generated. You may use BLE as an interrupt source.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using the WDT as a deep sleep timer, you can also have the unit sleep during the 5 seconds that the LED is on, and then wakeup with the WDT interrupt to turn off the LED and go back to sleep (saves power)

0 Likes
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

A BLESS interrupt generates at every advertising and Connection interval which wakes up the system from DeepSleep as well. For 5 Second ,you may use a timer.

Please refer the below Application Note on Low Power Design ...http://www.cypress.com/file/140991/download

Sample Project from here PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day027_BLE_Power_Measurement at master · cypresssemiconductorco/...

Regards,

Gyan