Trying to flash a CY8C4245AXI-483 IC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaSi_3530151
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins 5 questions asked First like received

Hi!
I´m new with psoc4 and I trying to flash a CY8C4245AXI-483 IC using
the USB-SERIAL BRIDGE from CY8CKIT-049-42XX kit ( I cutted the bridge from the kit).
I´m following CY8CKIT-049-42XX kit schematic to connect the pins (bridge to IC).
I´m trying to flash the bootloadable blinking LED exemplo project as test but Bootloader Host reports "The data does not match expected value".
Is this the right way to flash this IC?

psoc.PNG

0 Likes
1 Reply
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello MaSi.

Is 4245 chip on a custom pcb or are you trying to Flash the CY8CKIT-049-42xx 4245?

If custom pcb, 4245 does not contain pre-programmed bootloader in Flash.  The bootloader needs to be programmed first with a Kitprog or Miniprog.  Then bootloadable can be programmed using USB-Serial-bridge.

If Flashing KIT-049, you'll need to build Blinking LED project with the Bootloadable component configured to point to the bootloader.  Simply right-click on bootloadable component in schematic and select Configure.  Click on Dependencies tab and browse to the location of SCB UART bootloader hex file location.  Then click on Apply and Ok.  If there is no bootloader hex file, then you need to build the SCB UART bootloader.

If you are trying to program 4245 on KIT-049, you must hold its push button down while turning on power.  When this is done, the LED on KIT-049 will be blinking quickly to indicate it is ready in bootloader mode for Flashing the bootloadable.  If KIT-049 LED is not blinking for bootloader mode, then something else has gone wrong.

Let us know what happens.