Touchpad design

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GeFLo
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello,

I have to develop a device that includes a 80x80mm touchpad area. I am not an expert in that domain and in Cypress environment. So I have 3 questions about this topic : 

1-  What is the most appropriate PSOC reference?

2-  Are there libraries, or existing software to implement? I have tried to understand, with Psoc Designer, how the capsense is configured, without success. 

3 - Are there reference pcb designs of the touchpads?

Thanks a lot for help

1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @GeFLo 

1. We would recommend using any of the PSoC 4S series (4000S, 4100S, 4100S plus) for your design based on the number of GPIOs required in the application. 

2. Yes, the CapSense component itself offers the touchpad widget that allows you to configure the touchpad in CSD or CSX mode. CSX allows multi-finger touch.

3. You can take a look at the CY8CKIT-041-41XX kit which shows a CapSense touchpad design. 

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @GeFLo 

1. We would recommend using any of the PSoC 4S series (4000S, 4100S, 4100S plus) for your design based on the number of GPIOs required in the application. 

2. Yes, the CapSense component itself offers the touchpad widget that allows you to configure the touchpad in CSD or CSX mode. CSX allows multi-finger touch.

3. You can take a look at the CY8CKIT-041-41XX kit which shows a CapSense touchpad design. 

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes