Thermistor Calculator component - How to add to available catalog?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just discovered that Cypress has a Thermistor Calculator Component that I would like to use.

How do I add this to my Component Catalog so I can add it to my project?

I'm assuming it's allowed with BLE PRoC, since it's a software component, but maybe not since I can't get it as a component in the catalog.

Thanks

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it appears that this is not an option for the PRoC BLE.  I found a project with this component, copied it into my component, and it gave me an error that's it's not available for this processor.

ADD: sdb.M0059: error: Error in component: Thermistor. Component 'ThermistorCalc_v1_20' is not supported by the selected device.

So, If I have to roll my own thermistor routine, I'd like to use LOG.   Can I use LOG with this part?  Anyone know how?  not having much  luck so far.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When you mean using logarithms you just need to #include <math.h> and under project settings use the library "m".

Bob

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

MidwestPDS,

there is another custom component - "Fast thermistor calculator":

http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-community-components/fast-thermistor-calculator

it was tested witn PSoC4 and PSoC5LP (not with PRoC), but since it is just a software component, I do not foresee problem using it with PRoC.

odissey1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Bob Marlowe,

I did include math.h, but can you be more specific about "under project settings use the library "m"."  I searched around and didn't find a place to make this setting???   where do I make this setting please?

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Odissey1,

Great, I'd like to try it... How can I add it to my design, it's not showing up in my component catalog.??  Is there a way to access these software components?  

Thanks

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

This might help -

http://www.cypress.com/?id=4&rID=42838      math library GCC

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        MidwestPDS, you need to import it from the demo project, see tutorial here: http://www.cypress.com/video-library/PSoC-Software/psoc-creator-tutorial-importing-components/107756 The component will appear in the 'Default' tab (between the "Cypress components', and 'Off-chip'. odissey1   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I was talking about

in "Creator -> Project -> Build settings -> Linker -> General -> Additional Libraries" add "m"

The cryptic name caused by: You want to use library "mlib". Since all libraries end on "lib" these characters are left out and only the "m" remains.

Bob

0 Likes