Temperature behaviour of PSOC4000 Capsense

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnJu_3725101
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need some support about my application with a PSOC4000 Controller. I have designed a touch pad functionality for dimming a lightsource.

I have to do some temperature tests for the device.

At around 60°C ambient temperature the susceptibility of the sensor of the touch pad gets less sensitive. I have checked the CapSense voltage in parallel but I couldn't detect any changes of the signal.

Does anyone have an explanatin for this behaviour?

Kind regards

Andreas

0 Likes
1 Solution

Could you attached the tuner signal here?

There are many factors can make the sensitivity change.

You should to check :

1: if there is air gap between  overlay and sensor~

2: If the MCU don't handle the sensor trigger mask in time.

3: Depending on the capacitance touch theory, the signal is only affected by the touch area, not by the force. So if you tip harder on the pad, it triggers, maybe you should check the sensor and overlay.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

How do you judge the touch pad gets less sensitive?

0 Likes

If I tip on the touch pad at 60°C ambient temperature it has not the same sensitivity as at 25°C. I need to tip harder on the pad. (I have programmed three dim steps which shall be switched through when tipped).

0 Likes

Could you attached the tuner signal here?

There are many factors can make the sensitivity change.

You should to check :

1: if there is air gap between  overlay and sensor~

2: If the MCU don't handle the sensor trigger mask in time.

3: Depending on the capacitance touch theory, the signal is only affected by the touch area, not by the force. So if you tip harder on the pad, it triggers, maybe you should check the sensor and overlay.

0 Likes