Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoRo_4142061
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi, I am starting out from scratch and I am trying to figure out what I need to get started.

I have been proposed the:

CY8CKIT-046 PSoC 4 L Series development board.

I don't really know how to get started with this? Where do I download the compiler software "Psoc Creator"??? Is there any simple examples like blink a led to get me started????

Also I am reading the "Infineon Lit Prog" user guide". On page 8 of the guide (please view image below), they show an image with what seems to be a PCB board plugged into a strange socket on a PC.

And yet they describe this as "Connect USB cable to J6 (Prototyping kits)"???? Why do they call it a cable when its a PCB???? and where is J6???

Thank you for all help

r

CABLE_.png 

0 Likes
1 Solution
KyTr_1955226
Level 6
Level 6
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 50 solutions authored

PSoC Creator may be found here: https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide

Code examples can be downloaded from within PSoC Creator once it is installed (File > Code Example).  There are also some available for download on the product page for the CY8CKIT-046

Figure 3-2 is for prototyping kits, whereas your CY8CKIT-046 is a pioneer kit.  The programming connection for pioneer kits such as the 046 is shown on the previous page (Figure 3-1).  I think the "USB Cable" wording in the title for Figure 3-2 might just be an error.  The "Strange Socket on the PC" is a USB port.  The kit in Figure 3-2 (CY8CKIT-145-40xx) has a USB connection directly on the PCB, and may be plugged directly into a USB port for programming.  For pioneer kits such as yours, the programming connector is a Mini-USB Type B.  You connect a USB cable to connect to the onboard programmer to program the PSoC.  In Figure 3-1, it is J6 on the CY8CKIT-044.  On the CY8CKIT-046, the connector is J10.

P.S. the KitProg User Guide is a guide for the programmer that is shared between many kits, and not a guide for the development kit itself, which is why it may not match your specific kit in all figures.  The guide for the CY8CKIT-046 is this document here, which has the following diagram:

KyTr_1955226_0-1618510096190.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies