Specifying the passkey

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaPi_1514011
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi,

Is is possible for a BLE peripheral profile to use APIs to set a Passkey from code (i.e. to a defined code) so that a phone that is pairing with it is prompted to confirm that as the PIN?

Thanks, Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David,

This feature will be available in next psoc creator version PC 3.3 CP2(probably by mid of March).

With current BLE stack that is available on web, it is not possible to do .

Regards,

Vikas

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David,

This feature will be available in next psoc creator version PC 3.3 CP2(probably by mid of March).

With current BLE stack that is available on web, it is not possible to do .

Regards,

Vikas

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vikas,

I came across this thread, as I had the same question and would appreciate any guidance you could provide. I have the recent most recent component pack, but have not seen how to specify the pass key. I've been basing my work on the 100 projects in 100 days examples, which have proven to be very helpful, but I'd like to specify a single acceptable passkey and require the phone enter that passkey to authenticate the connection.  I appreciate your time and any help you could provide.

0 Likes

I can confirm this feature was added to 3.3 CP2.  Cypress were great at making the modification quickly.

Find CyBle_GapFixAuthPassKey in the Bluetooth component header files when you add the module.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it. Works perfectly for what I need.

0 Likes
DaPi_1514011
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Thank you Vikas.  Looking forward this this feature.

0 Likes