Solar-Powered IoT Device Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nvtoan
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I have bought S6SAE101A00SA1002 Solar-Powered IoT Device Kit and want to change the transmitting data time to save energy.

The default is 6 sec intervals. Would you please let me know how i can modify this value?

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Could you please let me know how you are recoding the data by smartphone ?

Cypress BLE-Beacon app is designed to receive and visualize beacon signals or sensor data that is transmitted by the Solar BLE Sensor. The app shows you real-time data as 2D/3D graphs. The logging data can be exported to CSV file for offline access. Please refer to the below features of the App. You can store the Data logs in CSV format.

Yugandhar_0-1622911490977.png

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Yugandhar

Hello,

The initial setting of time interval is set 1.5 sec. You need to configure an ITRVL command to change time interval. See 4.3 Serial Command List. section from the datasheet. Please refer to the page 21 from S6SAE101A00SA1002 User Guide.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Dear Yugandhar,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, by using ITRVL, we can change the time interval for Beacon. However, this is just correct for Sensor OFF. When the sensor is ON,  the time interval is fixed at 6 sec.

I want to change the time interval for transmitting with sensor signal. Is it possible to do that?

I am looking forward for your advice,

Thanks and best regards,

Toan.

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello,

You can change the time interval when sensor is ON. Please check this command once and let me know your observations.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Dear Yugandhar,

Thank you so much for your kind supports,

I have did as follows:

1. Sensor OFF:

Using the ITRVL to change the time interval, the observation of Beacon via LED is same as setting value.

2. Sensor ON

Even the time interval is changed, the transmitting sensor data signal is fixed at 6 sec.

I have checked the time interval by read command "ITRVL" using "Tera Term". Yes, the time interval has been changed as setting, but the sensor signals (temperature and humidity) are still transmitted every 6 sec by observations via LED and PMIC software.

Also, the information in table 4.3 Serial Command list shows that at No.6, "Note: Time interval is fixed at six seconds when the SENSOR command is ON".

Is it posible to change the time of the transmitting sensor data?

I am looking forward for your supports,

Thanks and best regards,

Toan.

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello,

In case of sensor transmitting, the time interval will be fixed to 6 sec.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
nvtoan
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Dear Yugandhar,

Thank you so much for your reply.

In order to save the energy, i brought CYALKIT-E03 which can use the time interval of around 5 min with sensor transmitting (timer mode).

Sensor transmitting signal could be recorded by smartphone. However, one of issue is facing during recording data. The smartphone receives the sensor data correctly if the screen of smartphone is ON. But, when the screen display is in sleep mode, no signal have been recorded.

Would you please help for this issue?

I am looking forward for your advice,

Thanks and best regards,

Toan.

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello,

Could you please let me know how you are recoding the data by smartphone ?

Cypress BLE-Beacon app is designed to receive and visualize beacon signals or sensor data that is transmitted by the Solar BLE Sensor. The app shows you real-time data as 2D/3D graphs. The logging data can be exported to CSV file for offline access. Please refer to the below features of the App. You can store the Data logs in CSV format.

Yugandhar_0-1622911490977.png

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes