Save 2 application images on Cypress internal flash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ansh_2022771
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

My application size id 10% and bootloader is 2%.

I want to save 2 application images on Cypress internal flash as I don't have external memory, but have spare internal flash.

Whenever required, I can jump to image 1 or Image 2 based on switch on the device.

Questions:

1. Is there a way that I can have 2 images on cypress flash ?
  2. If yes, is there a way where I can decide which application image I want to jump (give flow control)
  3. If there is any sample project or application note ?
0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Yes, please enable 'Dual Application Bootloader' feature in Bootloader configuration window. Please refer to section: 'Dual-Application Bootloader Considerations' in AN73854.

2. If yes, is there a way where I can decide which application image I want to jump (give flow control)

You can refer to section: 'Application Launch Process' in AN73854 and Dual-Application Bootloader with Combinaison Project

AN73854 PSoC - Introduction to Bootloaders elaborate the steps. Please refer to PSoC 4 BLE_OTA_UpgradableStack code example available in PSoC Creator.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Yes, please enable 'Dual Application Bootloader' feature in Bootloader configuration window. Please refer to section: 'Dual-Application Bootloader Considerations' in AN73854.

You can refer to section: 'Application Launch Process' in AN73854 and Dual-Application Bootloader with Combinaison Project

AN73854 PSoC - Introduction to Bootloaders elaborate the steps. Please refer to PSoC 4 BLE_OTA_UpgradableStack code example available in PSoC Creator.

0 Likes