SD Card Interface > 2GB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KrDe_284951
Level 4
Level 4
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hello everybody,

I'm porting a solution from PSoC3 to PSoC4. In this application we use EmFile as SD Card interface and file system handler. Unfortunately, EmFile seems not available for PSoC4. We tried the SDCard Component V1.0, but this poses some issues:

- it doesn't support large disks: MicroSD Cards of 2GB are not so common anymore and moreover, we cannot force our customers to use an older card type into a brand new product). 

- The 2 GB MicroSD cards we did fInd, required reformatting. Since SD Card is installed at the likes/needs of the end user, we can't ask of our customers to reformat their out-of-the-box MicroSD cards.

How can we obtain a ported version of EmFile for PSoC4 (in the near future we may also need this for PSoC6)?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your time,

Kris 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @KrDe_284951

Can you please try out the project in this link and let me know if that works? - https://github.com/hackingchips/PSoC_FatFs

Please refer to this thread for more information - Use an SD card with PSOC 4 BLE 

For PSoC6 devices, you can refer to these threads - 

SD Card Library for PSoC 6 using PSoC Creator 4.3 

Porting FatFs to PSoC 6 

PSoC 6 - MTB - Filesystem - SDCard 

If the SD Card is not in FAT32 format,  then I believe it should be formatted for the file system to work correctly. Does it have to formatted each time the PSoC 4 device is reset?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @KrDe_284951

Can you please try out the project in this link and let me know if that works? - https://github.com/hackingchips/PSoC_FatFs

Please refer to this thread for more information - Use an SD card with PSOC 4 BLE 

For PSoC6 devices, you can refer to these threads - 

SD Card Library for PSoC 6 using PSoC Creator 4.3 

Porting FatFs to PSoC 6 

PSoC 6 - MTB - Filesystem - SDCard 

If the SD Card is not in FAT32 format,  then I believe it should be formatted for the file system to work correctly. Does it have to formatted each time the PSoC 4 device is reset?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes