Routing warning

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LuBe_4654241
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hi 

Do you know this fwarning: Function SARDAC.vplus is reachable through the analog routing fabric, but using this pin may lead to routing congestion ?

LuBe_4654241_0-1626357961257.png

Best regards

LuBe

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi LuBe,

Kindly check the CYDWR-> Analog tab.

Vasanth_0-1626407555252.png

If you have used port 2 as the input for the ADC input, that warning will not have come. It is because it would have used dedicated SARMUX resource for routing the input. But if you are trying to use pins like P1[6], the routing has to use AMUXBUS resource. This is a limited resource(only 2). So if any of the other resources are using the AMUXBUS for routing, this could lead into routing errors as the design gets complex. That is the intention of the error.

Best Regards,
Vasanth 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi LuBe,

Kindly check the CYDWR-> Analog tab.

Vasanth_0-1626407555252.png

If you have used port 2 as the input for the ADC input, that warning will not have come. It is because it would have used dedicated SARMUX resource for routing the input. But if you are trying to use pins like P1[6], the routing has to use AMUXBUS resource. This is a limited resource(only 2). So if any of the other resources are using the AMUXBUS for routing, this could lead into routing errors as the design gets complex. That is the intention of the error.

Best Regards,
Vasanth 

0 Likes

Hi Vasanth,

excuse me, I was on holydays.

I don't use the pins 2.0 and 2.1 because the MCU that I will use is CY84124, where it is not present that pins:

LuBe_4654241_0-1627907563185.png

Now I am using CY8C4146 because I have only the demo board for testing the firmware.

Best regards

LuBe

0 Likes