Read analog pin

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
pamac_1655886
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

I am completely new to this platform. I have a PSoC 4200 BLE CY8C4247LQ. I am not sure this is the right forum.

I need to read an analog pin to get the voltage read by a sensor I conected. It is an IR sensor (TCST 2103), I want to get the voltage the sensor is reading but I haven't found an easy way to do it. I don't know how to use the SAR ADC  since in my PSoC Creator there is just a "Sequencing SAR ADC" with multiple inputs I don't understand.

Can you please give me some ideas about how to connect it and how to read after that? I thought it would be as easy as a digital pin. Or if I need an external circuit to modify the signal before reading it.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

The sequencing SAR ADC is able to convert several analog input pins. When you right click on the component you get an option to see the datasheet which explains all functions (including all APIs) in depth.

When selecting the start page in Creator there is an "Examples and Kits" entry from where you may select ready-made projects. you will find some dealing with the SAR ADC.

Happy coding!

Bob

0 Likes