Read advertising data from PSoC 4200 BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using the PSoC pioneer kit as both central and peripheral. I have been detecting the  presence of various advertising devices(mobile phones) when the kit is in Central mode. I'm reading the address of the peripheral devices (mobile phones) to distinguish them and store their instances (presence). But each time the address generated by the phones are different so i'm unable to hard-code the addresses in the PSoC. Secondly, how can i read the advertisment packet received at the PSoC which is sent by the phones (peripheral) ? Do I have to make any custom service to read the advertisment packet? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Nishit,

Most of the mobile phones will be using random device address. So only it is changing each time.

Q) How can i read the advertisment packet received at the PSoC which is sent by the phones (peripheral) ? Do I have to make any custom service to read the advertisment packet? 

No need for having a custom service for this. You can just get it from the scan response data packet received at central side.

Please refer our Central projects in our GitHub: https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days

Refer Day_10, Day_11 projects.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Nishit,

Most of the mobile phones will be using random device address. So only it is changing each time.

Q) How can i read the advertisment packet received at the PSoC which is sent by the phones (peripheral) ? Do I have to make any custom service to read the advertisment packet? 

No need for having a custom service for this. You can just get it from the scan response data packet received at central side.

Please refer our Central projects in our GitHub: https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days

Refer Day_10, Day_11 projects.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes