Psoc programmer can't update fw

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EsFr_4600111
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Have a

CY8CKIT-042 PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit

When i connect to it using the psoc programmer it  look like it connect to my attached module.

I can't update the fw in it because the Utilities -> Upgrade Firmware is greyed out ?

How can i upgrade the fw in the kit ?

Br

Esben

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi EsFr_4600111​,

CY8CKIT-042 PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit has KitProg loaded. I think your KitProg is in Mass Storage Programmer mode as shown -

pastedImage_0.png

Can you try pressing and holding the reset switch (SW1) of the kit for more than 5 seconds? The Status LED of the kit turns off when the KitProg changes configurations.

Let me know if this works.

For more information regarding the Mass Storage Programmer mode, please refer to section 4.1 in KitProg User Guide

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi EsFr_4600111​,

CY8CKIT-042 PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit has KitProg loaded. I think your KitProg is in Mass Storage Programmer mode as shown -

pastedImage_0.png

Can you try pressing and holding the reset switch (SW1) of the kit for more than 5 seconds? The Status LED of the kit turns off when the KitProg changes configurations.

Let me know if this works.

For more information regarding the Mass Storage Programmer mode, please refer to section 4.1 in KitProg User Guide

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
EsFr_4600111
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Thank you very much it was the problem !!

0 Likes