Psoc 4 BLE: Communication port reported error 'Unable to read data from the target device'.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaOr_4642046
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi all,

I have been doing this example "an97060-psoc-4-ble-and-proc-ble-over-air-ota-device-firmware-upgrade.html" and and at the end when I tried of checking the result, connecting the Dongle with the target,   I received this message: 

pastedImage_3.png

Apparently the devices were connected but at the end .... "unable to read data...." but I don´t have more information so I don´t know what can I do about it.

I tried to follow the steps which suggest RakshithM_16 in this thread Communication port reported error 'Unable to read data from the target device'.  but does´t work for me

Also I double check if the setting of my project  matched with the documentation setting and it seem matched.  In theory BLE is Writing (sending data) to the Dongle, isn´t it ?

pastedImage_5.png

PS: I Attached the project´s folder, just in case it can help.

I will appreciate any kind help about it.

Thanks very much to every one.

Best regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

>>"I tried to run the folder which you attached, this project seem is made for  CY8C4248LQI-BL583 with 256 Sram memory and as you can see above I have another module. (128 Mb). Despite of it I tried to build the project changing the module  from "device selector..." and give me a message error, as you can see below (image)."

--> Okay. Please test with code example only.

1. Please check whether you have set the power supply jumper position to 3.3 volts as shown in image below:

kit.PNG

2. "  First one: the device indicate it is connects, and start the download until the end but at 100% of download, give an connection error      message."

--> Please set the BLE interrupt priority higher than other interrupts. Please set it in Interrupts tab. The higher the interrupt piority number lower is the priority. So you can set the BLE interrupt priority to '0'.

3. :Second one: I played around a bit and (some time) the message said "download successfully" but the behaviour of the kit it is not correct. ( the speed of the blinking led doesn't change at the new boot-loadable, which is the idea of the application note 😞

--> Please check whether you have selected correct .cyacd file. Please check the settings once again.

3. Please use CySmart 1.3 Windows application to do the OTA bootloading. Please refer section 2.7 Updating Peripheral Device Firmware from the link below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/232316/download

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

1. Are you using Cypress development kit (CY8CKIT-042) or your custom board?

If you are using Cypress development kit, please ensure that you have connected the power supply jumper to 3.3. volts on the kit.

If you are using your custom board, please attach your schematic once for us to review.

2. If Step 1 is already taken care, please check with the attached project.

3. Please try to use CySmart 1.3 tool for windows and check if you are able to succeed. The procedure for bootloading using CySmart tool is available in section 2.7 of the following application note:

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi Ganesh

I will try to answer to your points:

1) Yes, for this test/training,  I am using the development kit (CY8CKIT-042)  with the modules : CY8C4247LQI-BL483

2) I tried to run the folder which you attached, this project seem is made for  CY8C4248LQI-BL583 with 256 Sram memory and as you can see above I have another module. (128 Mb). Despite of it I tried to build the project changing the module  from "device selector..." and give me a message error, as you can see below (image).

3) I already did but I got two different result:

a)  First one: the device indicate it is connects, and start the download until the end but at 100% of download, give an connection error      message.

b) Second one: I played around a bit and (some time) the message said "download successfully" but the behaviour of the kit it is not correct. ( the speed of the blinking led doesn't change at the new boot-loadable, which is the idea of the application note )

Thanks for your time and help.

Fj

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

>>"I tried to run the folder which you attached, this project seem is made for  CY8C4248LQI-BL583 with 256 Sram memory and as you can see above I have another module. (128 Mb). Despite of it I tried to build the project changing the module  from "device selector..." and give me a message error, as you can see below (image)."

--> Okay. Please test with code example only.

1. Please check whether you have set the power supply jumper position to 3.3 volts as shown in image below:

kit.PNG

2. "  First one: the device indicate it is connects, and start the download until the end but at 100% of download, give an connection error      message."

--> Please set the BLE interrupt priority higher than other interrupts. Please set it in Interrupts tab. The higher the interrupt piority number lower is the priority. So you can set the BLE interrupt priority to '0'.

3. :Second one: I played around a bit and (some time) the message said "download successfully" but the behaviour of the kit it is not correct. ( the speed of the blinking led doesn't change at the new boot-loadable, which is the idea of the application note 😞

--> Please check whether you have selected correct .cyacd file. Please check the settings once again.

3. Please use CySmart 1.3 Windows application to do the OTA bootloading. Please refer section 2.7 Updating Peripheral Device Firmware from the link below:

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi and thanks.

Yes I use the 3.3 Volts.

2 --> Please set the BLE interrupt priority higher than other interrupts. Please set it in Interrupts tab. The higher the interrupt priority number lower is the priority. So you can set the BLE interrupt priority to '0'.

Ok, I will do

3. Please use CySmart 1.3 Windows application to do the OTA bootloading.

I already used it,

I have used the example  PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Project051_NOR_Flash_Bootloader at master · cypresssemiconductor...  and  I could play a bit with the OTA.

I just wondering if you have not the same example (previous ask) but for the module with 128Mb or even better, how could I change this "restriction" ( if it is possible) so I can use examples with different sizes ?

Thanks best regards.

0 Likes