PsoC Creator 4.4, keyboaard shortcuts, key is protected and cannot be assigned or removed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bigby
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello,

I have a similar problem to this:

https://community.cypress.com/t5/PSoC-Creator-Designer-Software/Remove-keyboard-shortcut-Sorry-but-t...

I want to exchange the keyboard shortcuts build.build project (Shift+F6) and build.build workspace (F6).

I cannot remove the shortcuts or assign them to the other function.
I can assign other combinations which are not taken already but i cannot remove them again.

I get the same error message as shown in the link above - "Sorry but the key 'xyz' is protected and cannot be assigned or removed.

I did this on a different pc and it worked. On both PC I recently installed PSoC Creator 4.4.
The only difference I see is that on the PC where it does not work, PSoC Creator 4.2 was previously used, whereas the PC where it worked was freshly set up.

I hope for a quick solution as I need to remove the nonsensical combination I added as a test xD

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bigby
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Well, I opened a project and tried again to remove/reassign the shortcuts and it worked.

It's a mystery to me why this won't work when no project is open but I guess this thread may be closed now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply