cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 4 MCU

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.  New user here.

Is it possible to update the bootloader program on a CY8CKIT-049-42xx PSoC 4 using the  USB interface or do I need to use the miniprog3?  I seem to be running into the same issue noted below when trying to store a small amount of information using emEEPROM but do not yet have the miniprog3 and was wondering if there was another method I could use.

http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/using-emulated-eeprom-component-bootloadable-project-k...

Thanks,

Ben

0 Likes
4 Replies
JoMe_264151
Expert II

Welcome in the forum, Ben!

You cannot change the bootloader of a CY8CKIT-042 with the USB interface provided.

But instead of a MiniProg3 you may use a KitProg which is the snap-off programmer of  a CY8CKIT-043. When using that you are additionally able to program and debug your -042 board, no need for a bootloader any more.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response, Bob.

One clarification, as stated I have the -049 Prototyping Kit and not the -042.  I browsed the user manual for the KitProg and while it did say it supported the -042, the -049 was not mentioned.  It does look like it should work though, just add jumpers from J7 on the -043 to the last 5 positions of the J2 on the -049. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll give it a try.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Bob.  I've had time to use the snap off programmer and it was a great idea.  That project has now been completed and off on the next ones.

Ben

0 Likes
JoMe_264151
Expert II

My fault, I mistyped the kit number. The CY8CKit-049 cannot change the bootloader via USB.

Bob

0 Likes