Programming CY8C4125AXI-S433

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hesc_1314511
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted

Hello, I am programming CY8C4125AXI-S433 with KitProg3 (CMSIS-DAP/BULK/0B0B0F3C01346400, but only with 3.3V not 5V.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Henry

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Henry,

I understood your query.

The VCCD pin of the device is the output of internal regulator. So the VCCD pin should not be connected to the power supply. Also, the decoupling capacitor on the VCCD pin shold be 0.1uF for the device family that you are using. Please refer page number 13 of the device datasheet for the information about decoupling capacitor.

https://www.cypress.com/file/230626/download

So please remove 5volt supply connection on the VCCD pin and connect 0.1uF decoupling capacitor instead of 1uF decoupling capacitor.

Hope this solves your issue !

>>"and how can I change USB 5V fixed voltage of my programmer."

--> As Noriaki mentioned in response#2, you can remove the diode connection between VBUS and VTARG. In this case the Kitprog will not power the psoc that you are going to program.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Henry,

Can you please check the schematic of your board once? You can use the reference schemtic for cross check:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-041-41xx-psoc-4100s-capsense-pi...

Or, if you can attach the schematic we can check at our side.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Henry,

Which KitProg3 are you going to use?

The KitProg2/KitProg3 hardware on a Prototyping Kits has a diode to provide a target power from the VBUS.  For example, the CY8CKIT-149 "PSoC 4100S Plus Prototyping Kit" has a schottkey D1 as following snapshot.

GS004694.png

If you want to use a different target voltage, you must remove this diode at first.

The details are described in the Kit's Users Guide document like following image.

GS004693.png

Anyway, why are you going to use KitProg3 instead of KitProg2 for CY8C4125AXI-S433?

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Henry,

Adding on to Noraiki, the KitProg 3 can provide the target voltage of 3.3 V.

You can check for the KitProg 3 schematics in the attached file.

Thanks and Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes

hello,

I am using KitProg3. CMSIS-DAP Version 2.0.0. Firmware Version 1.01.158. Hardware Id 01, it's I take from CY8CKIT-145-40XX PSoC 4000S.

It have the +5V from USB, I can't regulate to 3.3V

Can you help me?

Thanks

Henry

0 Likes

Hi Henry,

The Kitprog3 from CY8CPROTO-062-4343W regulates the voltage to 3.3. volts. Where the Kitprog2 from the CY8CKIT-145-40XX kit uses 5 volts directly from the bus as VTARG. Can you please tell us which Kitprog3 you are using?

1. Also, please tell us how you are connecting the Kitprog to the PSoC board? Are you powering the PSoC externally and trying to program?

How are yo actually switching the power supplies between 3.3volt and 5 volts?

2. If possible can you please attach the image of your set-up? also the schematic of your board? It will be easy for us to debug the issue with schematic.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

I attach image of programmer

I take the programmer from it

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

the question is, why I am programming it by 3.3V and not 5V, in data sheet there is not specificy about it, and how can I change USB 5V fixed voltage of my programmer, I use this because Miniprog3 is very expensive

Thanks

Henry

0 Likes

Hi Henry,

I understood your query.

The VCCD pin of the device is the output of internal regulator. So the VCCD pin should not be connected to the power supply. Also, the decoupling capacitor on the VCCD pin shold be 0.1uF for the device family that you are using. Please refer page number 13 of the device datasheet for the information about decoupling capacitor.

https://www.cypress.com/file/230626/download

So please remove 5volt supply connection on the VCCD pin and connect 0.1uF decoupling capacitor instead of 1uF decoupling capacitor.

Hope this solves your issue !

>>"and how can I change USB 5V fixed voltage of my programmer."

--> As Noriaki mentioned in response#2, you can remove the diode connection between VBUS and VTARG. In this case the Kitprog will not power the psoc that you are going to program.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes