Program Psoc 4 with Creator without delete pair keys

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StFr_1500916
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

Hi everyone, is it possible to program a Psoc 4 with PSoc Creator without deleting the pair keys? I'm using the CY8CKIT-042 for program/debug.

Thank You

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Fredella,

Did you try using "Debug > Debug without programming (Alt+F5)" option in PSoC Creator? It will not program your device again and will retain your pairing keys.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

9 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

I don't understand what you mean by pair keys. Can you please clarify? Are you talking about the BLE authentication pair keys?

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Yes, I'm talking about the BLE authentication pair keys.

Thank You

0 Likes

Whenever you program, a new random sequence gets used for pairing. Are you meaning to say that you want the same sequence to be generated every time for pairing?

You can program your board using authentication as well as no authentication methods by setting the security levels and corresponding IO capabilities in the GAP settings as shown below:

BLE_2.png

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Unfortunately I need to have authentication procedure even during debugging.

0 Likes

When you try to program with authentication set, the programming fails? What is the error message seen, please attach the screenshot.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

No, the programmation don't fail, but the BLE authentication pair keys are erased by programmer.

I need to perform this step:

1- Program the PSoc (OK)

2- Run program without debugger and make pairing procedure with smartphone and store the BLE authentication pair keys to flash *note. (OK)

3- Run the debugger without erase the the BLE authentication pair keys. (FAIL)

The step 3 fails because the keys are deleted by debugger (when the debugger run erase the Psoc flash and reprogram all memory).

*Note. The pairing procedure fail while the debugger is running so I execute this step without debugger run.

Regards, S.Fredella

0 Likes

The debugger is intended to start a new programming session and hence new keys get generated.

Why exactly would you need to store the keys? Maybe based on your requirement I can suggest you something.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hello Fredella,

Did you try using "Debug > Debug without programming (Alt+F5)" option in PSoC Creator? It will not program your device again and will retain your pairing keys.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Yes, this way is good for my purpose,

Thank You

0 Likes