Problem with fixed stack OTA update. Please help.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently doing the fixed stack OTA update code example. I followed all of the steps in the datasheet, but when I try and select the project firmware image, there's no firmware image to be selected in the file explorer. I'm looking in the folder that the firmware image is usually in. What's the problem here?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Aravind,

yssu is correct. Seems like you are referring to Bootloader folder location in search of .cyacd file.

Please check in the bootloadable project folder (.....\BLE_OTA_FixedStack_Bootloadable02.cydsn\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug) (as in the attachment )

Thanks,
Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

We are not clear with the issue. Can you attach some screenshots.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

As you can see, I'm looking through the project's source files for the bootloader's firmeware image, but the folders where it is supposed to be are empty. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you set the project to build as release, then it will only output to the "Release" folder; Otherwise, building the project should be placing the hex image in the folder you showed.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I not "build as release"? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In build settings, I changed the build mode to "debug" instead of "release". This is the only relevant option to your post I saw, and after doing this I'm still running into the same issue.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that was the setting I was referring to. Not sure what else would cause the IDE to not output hex files unfortunately.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Aravind,

Can you look for the cyacd file in the BOOTLOADABLE project? From the screenshots, seems like you are looking in the Bootloader project.

0 Likes
lock attach
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Aravind,

yssu is correct. Seems like you are referring to Bootloader folder location in search of .cyacd file.

Please check in the bootloadable project folder (.....\BLE_OTA_FixedStack_Bootloadable02.cydsn\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug) (as in the attachment )

Thanks,
Anjana

0 Likes