Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 4 MCU

nicola
New Contributor

Hello

I'm trying to program a   CY8C4247AZI  device  using the  CY8CKIT-042

and I get this message:

"this device was recognized but psoc creator does not support using it at this time"

A Cortex-M0 device is found, but the specific model is missing

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rakshith

Hi @nicola

Can you please let me know how you are trying to program the device? Are you using HSSP in this case?

Can you please try programming using PSoC Programmer and share the error message? Also, please let us know the version of the PSoC Programmer that you have installed on your device. 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
nicola
New Contributor

Hi Rakshith

Yes, I'm using HSSP.  Starting from the  original CY8CKIT-042 PSoc4 Pioneer kit I've disconnected the internal controller CY8C4245AXI (by removing the zero Ohm resistors R32,R33 and R34) and I've connected the programming lines SWDIO SWDCLK and /XRES to my board (obviously also the GND wire and the 3.3V supply)

The original on-board CY8C4245AXI can be programmed properly so I'm sure that the demoboard is working correctly. My board is very simple, only the controller and a few components around, so I don't think the other components can affect the programming

I'm using the PSoc  Creator 4.4 (I've updated recently after having foung this problem, before I had a version of two years ago). Then I've the PSoc programmer 3.29.1, but I've only used to unpdate the software of the demoboard ( I mean the software of the CY8C5868L controller that works like USB interpreter)

Attached you can see the error message and the Psoc4247 pinout

Have a nice day

Nicola

0 Likes