Problem programming CY8C4247AZI with CY8CKIT-042

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nicola
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

Hello

I'm trying to program a   CY8C4247AZI  device  using the  CY8CKIT-042

and I get this message:

"this device was recognized but psoc creator does not support using it at this time"

A Cortex-M0 device is found, but the specific model is missing

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
nicola
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Now the board works properly. In my original schematicthe Vccd was disconnected rom Vdd, but the PCB desegner thought to an error and connected together. 

It's thanks to your warning:  "how did you connect Vccd? Many people make a mistake here"  that I gave a look to the Vccd pin and discovered the error saving a lot of time because I was thinking to problems related to the software

So thank you very much again!!

Best regards

Nicola

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @nicola

Can you please let me know how you are trying to program the device? Are you using HSSP in this case?

Can you please try programming using PSoC Programmer and share the error message? Also, please let us know the version of the PSoC Programmer that you have installed on your device. 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Rakshith

Yes, I'm using HSSP.  Starting from the  original CY8CKIT-042 PSoc4 Pioneer kit I've disconnected the internal controller CY8C4245AXI (by removing the zero Ohm resistors R32,R33 and R34) and I've connected the programming lines SWDIO SWDCLK and /XRES to my board (obviously also the GND wire and the 3.3V supply)

The original on-board CY8C4245AXI can be programmed properly so I'm sure that the demoboard is working correctly. My board is very simple, only the controller and a few components around, so I don't think the other components can affect the programming

I'm using the PSoc  Creator 4.4 (I've updated recently after having foung this problem, before I had a version of two years ago). Then I've the PSoc programmer 3.29.1, but I've only used to unpdate the software of the demoboard ( I mean the software of the CY8C5868L controller that works like USB interpreter)

Attached you can see the error message and the Psoc4247 pinout

Have a nice day

Nicola

0 Likes

Hello nicola.

Make sure the SWD wires are no longer than 10cm.  The signals are not reliable with longer cables.  5cm works very well.  I would also remove any capacitors from XRES signal.

Also, how did you connect Vccd?
Many people make a mistake here.  It should only be connected to a 1uF capacitor and nothing else (for this device).  Can you measure the voltage on this pin?  It should be 1.8V.

We need to see more of the error conditions.
Can you provide a full screen capture when using PSoC Programmer.
Can you provide a full screen capture when using PSoC Creator.

Are you trying to program a Bootloadable project, a Bootloader, or a "normal" project?

In PSoC Programmer, you can try turning OFF autodetect and set the device type yourself.  Once you can successfully program with PSoC Programmer, then go back to debugging HSSP method.

Good luck with your project.

0 Likes
nicola
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Rakshith

Do you have any news for me?

Thank you

0 Likes
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @nicola ,

Could you please provide me the following details:

1. Kindly attach the screenshot of the error that you are observing in the PSoC Programmer.

2. Can you provide a connection diagram/schematic from the CY8CKIT-042 to the CY8C4247AZI device you are using?

3. Are you using the kitprog in the CY8CKIT-042 or the PSoC 4 device in the CY8CKIT-042 to program the CY8C4247AZI device?

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

0 Likes
nicola
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Our board contains a mistake:  Vccd has been connected to Vdd!!  In this moment I'm unable  to disconnect, but I'll do as soon as possible in order to confirm that this is the only issue

Thank you a lot for your support

Nicola

0 Likes

Hello nicola.

I'm glad you found the Vccd mistake.  As I mentioned above, it's not an un-common mistake.

After fixing the Vccd connection, you should also change the PSoC chip.  The connection of Vccd to 3.3V has caused internal damage (this applies to all PSoC families).  If you decide to use old part, it may work for a while (or not at all), but it will eventually stop working.  This has been the experience of all users who've connected Vccd to Vdd.

Good luck with your project.

0 Likes
nicola
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Now the board works properly. In my original schematicthe Vccd was disconnected rom Vdd, but the PCB desegner thought to an error and connected together. 

It's thanks to your warning:  "how did you connect Vccd? Many people make a mistake here"  that I gave a look to the Vccd pin and discovered the error saving a lot of time because I was thinking to problems related to the software

So thank you very much again!!

Best regards

Nicola

0 Likes