Pin assignment problem (plm.M0038)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
TeCh_3034126
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hi,

I have encountered a problem about assigning IO pins.

There are some 'Notes' about plm.M0038 and 'Errors' about apr.M0003 as below picture.

Untitled.png

Would anyone can help?

In addition, I attached my workspace file.

Thanks!

Terry

0 Likes
1 Solution

Welcome in the fascinating world of PSoCs!    

The SCBs have limited routing capabilities, few alternatives only. In your original post you used pins which were dedicated to two different SCBs. When selecting a pin for a signal (using the port column) you will see a list of components for which the pin is valid.#

It is always a good choice to let the fitter choose at first the pin assignments and after a successful build adapting the result (step by step) to your own needs.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You have some errors in your pin assignment as using pins for two different SCBs.

I would suggest to right click in pin view onto the "Port" header and select "auto-assign during build". This will clear all pin errors.

Bob

0 Likes

Hi Bob,

Can you describe more since I am a newbie on this platform?

I am just using one SCB for I2C, am I right?

Thanks!

Terry

0 Likes

Welcome in the fascinating world of PSoCs!    

The SCBs have limited routing capabilities, few alternatives only. In your original post you used pins which were dedicated to two different SCBs. When selecting a pin for a signal (using the port column) you will see a list of components for which the pin is valid.#

It is always a good choice to let the fitter choose at first the pin assignments and after a successful build adapting the result (step by step) to your own needs.

Bob

0 Likes