Pairing with a fixed passkey

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am developing an application with a PRoC BLE as a Peripheral, where I would like to support pairing with a Central device using a fixed 6-digit passkey, ie. not a randomly generated one. Is that possible?

My device does not have display capabilities and a very limited keyboard that is not sufficient for entering all 10 digits. If I set the I/O capabilities in the GAP security settings to 'Display Only' then the stack will generate CYBLE_EVT_GAP_PASSKEY_DISPLAY_REQUEST event for displaying a randomly generated pin. There does not seem to be a way for setting a fixed passkey.

Thank you,

Stathis

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We are working on this. This will be out in the next release of PSoC Creator, probably by the end of the year.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello,now it is 2016-01-05,how about you working with the fixed pair passkey problem? have you done well? we need the update ,and we have waiting for a long time . thank you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu. Have there been any advances with this regard? I am trying to do something similar and would appreciate any pointers.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Yes, Lizhadongli, I whish you too a happy new year.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELLO, happy new year! Do you know how to do to make a fixed pair passkey, my module has no keyboard and no lcd? Thank you.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Since this takes so long I would consider creating a support case to get help from Cypress directly. At top of this page Design Support and specify your needs.

Bob

0 Likes