PSoc4 Bluetooth Problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kikw_2616236
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

1. Preference

- Windows10

- PSoc Creator 4.1 ~ 4.2

- MCU : CY8C4247LQI-BL473, CY8C4248LQI-BL583 (CY8CKit-042-BLE-A Pioneer board)

( Selected correctly in Device Selector depending on MCU at PSoc Creator)

- Example Source : BLE_FindMe (PSoc Example source)

- bluetooth Android APP : CySmart

2. Problem : "CY8C4247LQI-BL473" board Bluetooth not working ( I make pcb board for PSoc4 MCU -> CY8C4247LQI-BL473 assembled )

- "CY8C4248LQI-BL583" bluetooth working good (CY8CKit-143A Board)

3. PCB Bluetooth antenna test : Bluetooth antenna works well

pastedImage_6.png

4. Schematic

pastedImage_8.png

5. "CY8C4247LQI-BL473" board's function working well except bluetooth (IO, Timer, UART, Input Interrupt )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

I found the problem.

the problem is resonator ( CSTCW24M0X53-R0 )

i change the resonator (CSTCW24M0X53-R0) to Crystal ( CY8CKit-143A Board's 24MHz Crystal)

Result : bluetooth working

I don't know the difference between crystal and resonator.

Can I use a resonator in PSoc4?

Datasheet

Resonator : CSTCW24M0X53-R0 --> CSTCW24M0X53-R0|Ceramic Resonators (CERALOCK®)|Timing Devices|Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.

Crystal : ECS-240-8-36CKM-TR --> http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/122/ECX-2236-15751.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you explain how the Bluetooth isn't working? Is it just not transmitting/receiving? Is it behaving erratically for operation? Is the FindMe profile not allowing connection?

0 Likes

CySmart can not found "FindMe".

I think the "FindMe" example should work normally in "CY8C4247LQI-BL473 MCU"

but i think the programs problem.

I had a lot of doubts about the antenna, but the rf engineer says there is no problem with the antenna.

So I did this test

1. Remove the antenna capacitor (C14) of CY8CKit-143A

2. Attach the C14 capacitor to the antenna of the newly created blank pcb

3. Connect the antenna output pin (pin 12) of the CY8CKit-143A to the antenna of the blank pcb

4. Connect the GND of both boards

-- CY8CKit-143A 's pin12 (ANT) -- cap (1.5pF) -- new board 's Antenna

result: CySmart find the "FindMe" and "FindMe" good working

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The FindeMe example project should be blinking the LED as the project runs when you program it with the example project: PSoC-4-BLE/Find Me.pdf at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · GitHub

If you are not seeing the LED flashing/blinking, then it could potentially be that the IO is not configured to match the hardware board you have (the example projects don't always match correctly with the demo board's IO ports).

0 Likes

I found the problem.

the problem is resonator ( CSTCW24M0X53-R0 )

i change the resonator (CSTCW24M0X53-R0) to Crystal ( CY8CKit-143A Board's 24MHz Crystal)

Result : bluetooth working

I don't know the difference between crystal and resonator.

Can I use a resonator in PSoc4?

Datasheet

Resonator : CSTCW24M0X53-R0 --> CSTCW24M0X53-R0|Ceramic Resonators (CERALOCK®)|Timing Devices|Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.

Crystal : ECS-240-8-36CKM-TR --> http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/122/ECX-2236-15751.pdf

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oscillators and resonators are similar in operation and function. I think the main difference is in the implementation of the oscillations?

Anyways, I think you should be fine switching/using the resonator instead of the oscillator. It sounds like the oscillator is broken/nonfunctional if switching to the resonator fixed the issue.

0 Likes