PSoC4S CY8C4045AZI-S413 Gesture View

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Hi,

We use CapSense component of PSoC4S.

Software : PSoC Creator 4.2

Kit : CY8CKIT-041-40XX (Device is CY8C4045AZI-S413)

Project : CE211584 Trackpad With Color Gamut

Keep the components used in the above project up to date with "update components" of project menu.
On the Gestures tab of the CapSense component, check "Enable Gestures" and Track pad will be selected.
Then check "Click" and "One-finger" scroll.
After "Build", write to the device with "Program".

Connect to a PC with "Launch Tuner" of Capsenes and confirm for the operation with "Touchpad View".
However, selecting "Gestrure Tab" does not work at all.
I2C communication mode is set to "synchronized".
Nothing is displayed when start "Gestrue Event History".
Are there any other steps required to enable gestures?
I also tried the linear slider gesture using CY8CKIT-145/CY8CKIT-149, but it doesn't work as well.
Regards,
0 Likes
1 Solution
Takashi_M
1000 replies posted 500 solutions authored 750 replies posted

We would suggest to use CE224821 - PSoC 4 CapSense Touchpad with Gestures, instead of CE211584 Trackpad With Color Gamut.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce224821-psoc-4-capsense-touchpad-gestures

if you would like to keep CE211584 Trackpad With Color Gamut, please add the following functions before capSenseInit() function in main() function.

- CySysTickStart();

- CySysTickSetCallback(0u, CapSense_IncrementGestureTimestamp);

thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Takashi_M
1000 replies posted 500 solutions authored 750 replies posted

We would suggest to use CE224821 - PSoC 4 CapSense Touchpad with Gestures, instead of CE211584 Trackpad With Color Gamut.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce224821-psoc-4-capsense-touchpad-gestures

if you would like to keep CE211584 Trackpad With Color Gamut, please add the following functions before capSenseInit() function in main() function.

- CySysTickStart();

- CySysTickSetCallback(0u, CapSense_IncrementGestureTimestamp);

thank you.

0 Likes