PSoC4 offboard MCU programmer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ViOl_2643281
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Welcome!

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a tool to program the PSoC 4 MCUs before go to the target board.

Do you guys know a tool to do that?

The MCU i'm using is CY8C4126AXI-M443.

Thanks in advance.

Vinicius

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Vinicius,

MiniProg3 is not recommended for mass production as mentioned here - psoc3 industrial use

Please consult our 3rd party programming partners.

Do you know if there is a offboard programmer? So when the board go to the assembly process, the PSoC is already programmed.

I am not aware of any offboard programmer. Maybe you will have to design a custom board for this purpose.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rakshith

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Vinicius,

Can you please provide more details regarding your application?

As far as I understood, you want to program the MCU before putting it into the custom target board. Is that correct? Are you looking for a processor module?

Regards,

Rakshith

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

Hi RakshithM_16,

I usually program the device using the Miniprog 3 tool connected to the board throught the FTSH-105-01-L-DV-K samtec connector and using the PSoC programmer as well.

However, the product is now going to mass production. I was wondering how to program the microcontroller for mass production stage.

I'm not sure about the quantity, but lets say 1k boards.

How to program 1k PSoC not using the miniprog 3 connected to the Samtec connector?

Do you know if there is a offboard programmer? So when the board go to the assembly process, the PSoC is already programmed.

Regards,

Vinicius

0 Likes

Hi Vinicius,

MiniProg3 is not recommended for mass production as mentioned here - psoc3 industrial use

Please consult our 3rd party programming partners.

I am not aware of any offboard programmer. Maybe you will have to design a custom board for this purpose.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rakshith

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B