PSoC4 - CY8C4014LQI : Writing to metadata user-data section through bootloadable

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MehulK
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I have two separate projects, bootloader and boot loadable application on CY8C4014LQI-422. I am looking to write a non-volatile byte of data, which can be updated by the boot loadable.
Since the device doesn't have an EEPROM, I am trying to write a byte of data into the metadata user data section through bootloadable.

There is a function---   void Bootloadable_SetFlashByte(uint32 address, uint8 runType) ; which could have been used to perform the write operation. However, in v1.60 this piece of code is obsolete. 

Is there some other way by which the data could be written?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi

I have attached a project where you can store 2 bytes in the checksum exclude region.

For that you need to set the checksum exclude section as 1 row = 256 bytes(depends on device used)

Please let us know if the attached project helps to solve your query.

Regards

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi

I have attached a project where you can store 2 bytes in the checksum exclude region.

For that you need to set the checksum exclude section as 1 row = 256 bytes(depends on device used)

Please let us know if the attached project helps to solve your query.

Regards

Alakananda
0 Likes
MehulK
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Thanks for your response.. 

in this project, data is being written through the bootloader and read through the bootloadable..
I am looking for a way to write and read through bootloadable.

Thanks.

0 Likes