PSoC4-BLE project on CYBLE-212020 can not connect via BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnKr_1499391
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

I have a very strange fault and I don't know where to look for the cause! So any suggestions are welcome.

The situation is this: I have a rather big project running on a PSoC4-BLE module (CY8CKIT-143A). On the PSoC4 everything runs smooth and the performance is great.

Now I wanted to port this project on a CYBLE-212020 module because I wanted to go for a smaller footprint.

I use the PSoC-Creator and adjusted the device to the CYBLE-212020.

The project compiles and it seems like everything runs fine. It is a FreeRTOS project with several tasks, that appear to work with a fine timing.

But my problem is the BLE-connection:

When I try to connect with my smartphone I get an "0x85 GATT ERROR" and my device is disconnected.

After several attemps I can sometimes connect, but this is not the performance that I want.

What did I try?

I adjusted the timing of the BLE-component (connection interval).

I adjusted the sleepmodes of the BLE-component and the other parts from DEEPSLEEP to SLEEP.

I tried to add and remove some other tasks to test the principle timing and function of FreeRTOS.

Finally I have no idea what the problem is and I have no idea where I could search for the cause!

Anyone with a good idea?

Thanks

Andreas

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

We have reproduced the issue, we will discuss it with Product Development Team.

Setting the ECO Capacitance trim values in the firmware might helps. For all the EZ-BLE modules, the trim values should be changed to the values provided by module’s datasheet. Please refer to the below KBA link.

Link: https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-10498

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

8 Replies