PSoC build warnings missing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FrSt_4749731
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hello to all,

I am using PSoc Creator v4.2 and ARM GCC. When I enable all warnings: -Wall -Wextra it seems that all warnings are not shown in the output window. I have checked all the options I can remember, but can still not get all the warning. For example I see that warnings like in the attachment are not shown in the output window, but I can see that warning in the editor.

Any idea why I cannot see all of them also in the output window? And does it exists any option to enable and see all the detected warning when performing the build also in the output window?

Incompatible_ptr_type_passing.pngwrong_case_sensitive_name.png

Thanks for the answer, Frenk

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Frenk, 

I believe these warnings are IntelliSense wanings and not build warnings thrown by gcc which is why they do not show up in the build log.
As for the case sensitivity, it depends on the OS and the file system. By default, Windows uses a case insensitive file system which is why the build succeeds. 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith

Hi Frenk, 

I believe these warnings are IntelliSense wanings and not build warnings thrown by gcc which is why they do not show up in the build log.
As for the case sensitivity, it depends on the OS and the file system. By default, Windows uses a case insensitive file system which is why the build succeeds. 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hello Rakshith,

Thank you for the explanations.

Is there an option to get all the IntelliSense warnings as output?

Best regards, Frenk

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi Frenk, 

Unfortunately, there is no option to add all the IntelliSense warnings to the build output.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes