PSoC 4100S Deep Sleep Wakeup

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kartheek_adivi
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I'm using PSoC 4100S for CapSense. I want to put the device in deep sleep mode and wakeup periodically (may be once every 50-100 ms) to scan for any activity.

I don't want a System Reset to happen if I miss to service few interrupts. So I'm planning to use something other than WDT.

Can someone help me with the list of options that are left for me!

Thanks & Regards,

S S Kartheek Adivi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello @kartheek_adivi 

WDT is the only timer that is active in deep sleep mode. Other peripherals, such as TCPWM are disabled in deep sleep to save power. 

In this case, you can call the CySysWdtClearInterrupt(); API directly inside the ISR of the WDT to make sure that you do not reset the system accidently. The WDT ISR works at a higher priority and is likely the only interrupt that is active on wakeup from deep sleep. Hence, calling the clear interrupt will make sure that you are servicing the interrupt every time and the PSoC won't reset. 

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello @kartheek_adivi 

WDT is the only timer that is active in deep sleep mode. Other peripherals, such as TCPWM are disabled in deep sleep to save power. 

In this case, you can call the CySysWdtClearInterrupt(); API directly inside the ISR of the WDT to make sure that you do not reset the system accidently. The WDT ISR works at a higher priority and is likely the only interrupt that is active on wakeup from deep sleep. Hence, calling the clear interrupt will make sure that you are servicing the interrupt every time and the PSoC won't reset. 

Best regards, 
Hari