PSoC 4000S - CE210488 Example Code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoRi_4724491
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi:

I am working on a 4000S design that uses the CE210488 Example code as a starting point. To this I have added 8 more buttons (10 total).  One issue I am running into is waking up from low slow scan mode.  Quick button taps do not wake up the ganged button widget, the button must be pressed either slowly or multiple times to get the ganged button widget operating (and switch to fast scan mode).  My questions:

1) Is there a way to ensure the ganged widget wakes up with light or quick button taps?

2) Is there different code example that has better wake up response?

I am trying to keep the power consumption to a minimum but performance is very important for my application.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @JoRi_4724491 

There are two ways to get a better switch to fast scan. 

1. Configure the ganged sensor to have a debounce of 1. This will make sure that whenever the raw counts reach the threshold, the sensor status is ON. Normally, we set the debounce to 3 so that any false touches or glitch is avoided.  Changing this to 1 will ensure faster ON time. 

2. Set lower threshold values. The sensor reports active whenever the raw counts reach finger threshold + hysteresis. You can check the response of the sensor in CapSense tuner and set the right threshold parameters so that the sensor reports active even in the swift touch. 

Disabling any firmware filters (if enabled) might be another way to get a faster response. 

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @JoRi_4724491 

There are two ways to get a better switch to fast scan. 

1. Configure the ganged sensor to have a debounce of 1. This will make sure that whenever the raw counts reach the threshold, the sensor status is ON. Normally, we set the debounce to 3 so that any false touches or glitch is avoided.  Changing this to 1 will ensure faster ON time. 

2. Set lower threshold values. The sensor reports active whenever the raw counts reach finger threshold + hysteresis. You can check the response of the sensor in CapSense tuner and set the right threshold parameters so that the sensor reports active even in the swift touch. 

Disabling any firmware filters (if enabled) might be another way to get a faster response. 

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes
JoRi_4724491
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Thanks Hari:

I'll give your suggestions a try.

Best Regards,

Joe

0 Likes