PSoC 4 "Unknown Device" Silicon ID 0x0BB11477

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all PSoC fans,

I am having a problem when connecting to a PSoC 4® chip that I am using in a project. Apparently the MiniProg 3® connects to the PSoC and reads something as shown on the picture attached. I have 5 boards using a PSoC4 (CY8C4245AXI-473) but only one of them had connected properly to the Miniprog and the PSoC Creator. All of the others ar showing the same issue where the Cypress ID is 0x00001193 but one that shows 0xBEEF1193. Sometimes the PSoC Creator detects a valid PSoC4 chip, but when I try to program it just say that the connection failed or was unable to erase the flash.

Have you guys know what is happening? Did I fry the PSoCs?

Nicolas

0 Likes
8 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would check if the MiniProg3 detects a chip on a prototype kit, do you have the chance to test one?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by detect on a Prototype Kit? I have the CY8CKIT-049-42xx KIT but it has a CY8C4245AXI-438 chip which is a bit different from mine (xxx-473). One of the five boards that I have prototyped is working and the MiniProg3 is detecting the PSoC 4 on it without problems. But the rest gives that problem.

Nicolas

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

So your miniprog3 is ok. The fault -whatever it is- must be past the miniprog: bad soldering, fried chips,  bad power supply...

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same problem! The silicon ID that is shown in the picture is the same as mine, but my device ID is different, which makes sense since I'm using a CY8C4246AZI-M443.  I am using the PSOC5 kitprog snap off board from the Cy8CKIT-043 dev kit as my programmer.  I can program other PSOC dev kits so the programmer is fine.  I have never actually programmed for my current target device though.  I developed using one of the PSOC dev kits but then downgraded the PSOC for my PCB since I didn't need all the features, and to save some money. 

The fact that the programmer can read the device ID should mean something?  That the SWD is hooked up properly, power and ground should be good since I assume it is reading the device ID from a the target PSOCs flash memory?

Power and ground look good on my board, XRES is left floating (internally pulled up).  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I tried replacing the PSOC to no avail, no way I got two bad devices in a row, there must be something wrong with the software configuration.  I get the same error, invalid Cypress/Silicon ID.  Any suggestions Cypress?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I would suggest you to get in contact with Cypress directly: At top of this page select "Design support -> Create a Support Case" and ask your question. You will be helped by a Cypress engineer.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicolas, did you ever get a reply from Cypress regarding the Silicon ID issue?  I just put in a similar support ticket today.

Thanks.

Jon

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Silicon ID Mismatch while Programming PSoC® Devices - KBA221305

Please check if the KBA is useful.

Thanks

Jobin GT

0 Likes