PSoC 4 Clear SFlash Program

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
OmSa_4786791
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello,

I am using a PSoC 4 (non-BLE) MCU - CY8C4147AZI-S443.

I am using the SFlash of this device to save some memory I want to save between reboots and software updates.

I want to be able to clear the SFlash before programming a new firmware to the device.
I couldn't find any good way to do that.

The only option that I could find which worked for me was to write an application that clears the SFlash, program this application to the memory of the device and after letting it run, program my real application. I am looking for a better, more automatic way to do it.

I know there is an "SFlash updater tool" that is being downloaded together with the programmer tool. Unfortunately, this tool does not work for the MCU I am using (from its name, I guess it works only for BLE devices).

I was wondering if there is a better way to clear the SFlash.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Omri

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @OmSa_4786791 ,

Unfortunately, there are only two ways you can clear SFlash as described in this thread

Yes you cannot use the SFlash Updater Tool directly for your device, you need to make some modifications. But I've got you covered. I have created the application for you and you can find it attached. 

You can directly connect your device with a MiniProg3 and start updating the SFlash as per your requirement. I've modified the code to support PSoC4100S and PSoC4100S plus devices. It will look like this when you run the application using VS Community. 

DheerajK_81_0-1612854035873.png

Hope this helps 🙂 

Let me know if you face any difficulties. 

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @OmSa_4786791 ,

Unfortunately, there are only two ways you can clear SFlash as described in this thread

Yes you cannot use the SFlash Updater Tool directly for your device, you need to make some modifications. But I've got you covered. I have created the application for you and you can find it attached. 

You can directly connect your device with a MiniProg3 and start updating the SFlash as per your requirement. I've modified the code to support PSoC4100S and PSoC4100S plus devices. It will look like this when you run the application using VS Community. 

DheerajK_81_0-1612854035873.png

Hope this helps 🙂 

Let me know if you face any difficulties. 

Regards,
Dheeraj

Hi Dheeraj,

This works perfectly for my device, thank you very much for creating this application for me.

Omri