PSoC 4 Capsense over BLE Component Tuner Data Scheme

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kc94
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Hello,

We have a Capsense over BLE project that works through a UART interface (following this helpful solution), and we can use the component tuner to display all data from the board including signal values, raw counts, baseline, and diff counts for all sensors.  We were trying to determine what the data array structure is like in the BLE characteristic, so that we could read the data out in other bluetooth connected software. Is the data structure a standard, or can you help us find how the structure is built in the project source code?

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @kc94 ,

The example shared previously will expose the entire capsense data structure to the BLE characteristic. The capsense data structure is defined by the capsense component and you can look for it's definition in the  capsense source file.  We have provided the register map for the capsense structure, that tells you how to access the different components of the structure. See capsense_registermap.h, it basically gives you the offset to retrieve different data from the structure. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

You can use uint8 array for the BLE characteristic as shown in attached image. 

Please refer to the GATT_OUT BLE_Throughput project from the Github for reference.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
kc94
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Hi Yugandhar,

Thank you for the examples, they are helpful. I think I understand how to change the characteristic array size now, but I am still unsure how to get the Sensor data (sensor counts/ raw counts) and put them in the array. We are using the project I linked in the original post as a template, but I cannot find a function to return the sensor data values. 

Any help you can provide would be amazing.

thank you,

0 Likes
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @kc94 ,

The example shared previously will expose the entire capsense data structure to the BLE characteristic. The capsense data structure is defined by the capsense component and you can look for it's definition in the  capsense source file.  We have provided the register map for the capsense structure, that tells you how to access the different components of the structure. See capsense_registermap.h, it basically gives you the offset to retrieve different data from the structure. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes