PSoC 4 049-KIT Startup project with press switch to enter programming mode.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have seen the following video describing a very useful method of using the switch in the 049-kit to enter into programming mode the 049-KIT but didn’t found the example project to download, and currently there are several people in my circle of friends that will start using 049-KIT for DIY projects I decided to implement the method and give them the project so they can start from there. I share here the project.     

http://video.cypress.com/video-library/video/PSoC-Software/PSoC-Creator-101-CY8CKIT-049-Prototyping-...     

I have made the implementation in PSoC Creator 3.2 .     

Best regards,     

João Nuno Carvalho     

0 Likes
3 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Nice contribution to the community.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The project you are talking about is the originally pre-programmed bootloader which is the normal way to program the prototyping kit. This bootloader is secured and cannot be overwritten exept with an external programmer as MiniProg2 or KitProg.

Besides:

I do not recommend the use of the CY8CKIT-049-42xx as a PSoC starter.

Instead I suggest to use a CY8CKIT-044 Pioneer kit. The main reason is the debugging feature which the -049 board lacks. As a beginner it really helps setting breakpoints inspecting / setting variables or checking the call-stack. When a project is ready and tested on the -044 board it can be programmed into a -049 board and used as a cheap prototype.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I’m fully aware of the fact that you will not have the debugger and that it is a great help, in my case I invested in PSoC 4 technology for DIY and bought a Pioneer, a MiniProg3 and 21  049-KIT’s. And in my case with the MiniProg3 I have the debugger for the 4 dollars board.

Currently I have 8 friends that will be trying PSoC 4 049-KIT and the majority come from Arduino, only one has bought a pioneer, the fact that there is a KIT at the 4 dollars price tag is one of the reasons that they are willing to try it, because it’s difficult to advise friends to change platform, even if there are many technical advantages.     

Thank you,     

Best regards,     

João Nuno Carvalho     

0 Likes